Rap and How it Has Changed.

As a kid I really didn't have a favorite kind of music I mostly just listened to whatever was on the radio or on the top list of music. As I have grown up I have started to listen to more of a Hip Hop slash rap kind of music. My first rap artist that that I listened to as a kid was Eminem because I probably because I thought I connected with him and thought we were similar. As I have grown up I have started to listen to top artist like 21 savage, J. Cole, and Kendrick Lamar. With this difference in music I have seen how this music has changed over time in rap. Most artist a few years ago would mostly talk about problems in society or how the world is changing but know I believe rap is just a way for artist to talk about sex, drugs, and Alcohol. An artist that mostly does this and is liked by many is Lil Pump he talks about how he is always high and how he's been doing drugs since elementary. This has sort of become the norm for music and I thought it was interesting how music use to have a story in the lyrics but now its mostly just a strong base with a slur of words about drugs. Interesting how the media of music has changed over such a short time period.
Image result for lil pump

Comments

  1. I agree that the type of music people like nowadays have changed. I remember being little in the car and my mom would put the radio on and all that was on there was singing and no rap songs. I remember used to listening to Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas or Fireworks by Katy Perry. I used to sing along with these songs and loved them. I never knew what rap was until about 7th or 8th grade where I first listened and thought that it was bad until I started to listen to it more and it got more catchy. Know all I listen to is rap and when someone says they don't like rap or says it is bad, I kind of get offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that as you get older, your music taste starts to change. I just think that these rappers have a bigger influence on people our age, with the things that they talk/rap about. Teenagers want to associate themselves with them to seem cooler in a sense because of the things that they talk about. Also, rappers used to be a lot different then they are now, especially in the 90s/early 2000s. These rappers included Ice Cube, Snoops Dog, 2Pac, etc. They are a lot different in style, music and the things that they talk about then popular rappers now like, 6ix 9ine, Lil Pump and 21 savage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it's really Jack Galvez because his blog comments don't work. "I agree that rap has definitely changed a lot as we have grown up in this generation as it started with groups of of people who talked about political and world problems and has evolved into a drug, sex, and money scene as we can see from artists today. I still enjoy any type of rap personally, but it's weird to really look at the change that is happening. Good write up in my opinion because it is a topic that not many people look at."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ads Technique and appeals

Persuaders