Reflection

After being in the class Critical Thinking for a semester now I started to evaluate all I have learned this semester.  I think that over this semester I have stopped using media as much or if I do I think about all the media I consume and how if affects me. The media today I believes is part of who I am and defines how  think about things or how I connect with others. My life revolves around certain TV show that are popular right now. Its a way of me being able to talk with others and is sort of just part of my life. Media is a way for me to feel that I can express myself from the choice of TV shows I watch to the music I listen too.
I believe that I have become more aware of my media consumption over this last semester. I use to be able to watch an ad and not think about it and it would almost go over my head. But now every ad I watch I listen carefully to the song, actor usage, the background, and look for the psychographics and demographics. It has actually become a pain because now I start to care more about the commercials then the show itself. It definitely shown me how my media consumption has changed.
I believe in todays society it is very important to have media literacy and be a educated consumer. With brands main targets being teenagers I think we all must realize how these companies try and persuade us into buying their products and recognizing their markets. I think learning how these companies work and change over time allows us to make rationale decisions and for us not to be tricked by these big companies.
I think keeping these logs for the past month was a great experience and made me reflect on things I do in class as well as the world around me. I think it taught me to not just listen to these brand but see how they try and persuading me into there products. It allows me to see these companies for more then their labels and see what they are trying to hide behind the girl in the bikini or the Big Mac. This idea of media literacy is a powerful tool that most people need to develop in a society cover in media. I think Critical Thinking is a class that needs to be taken by all in their lifetime so they can see the media for its true attentions as well as see the effect is has on the consumers and makers.
Image result for media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rap and How it Has Changed.

Ads Technique and appeals

Persuaders